Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I LOVE Dr. Seuss books.

The kids are celebrating his birthday at school today.

They are my favorite books to read to the kids. I have some that I have memorized and barely have to look at the pages to read them. Others, it doesn't matter how many times I read them, they are tongue-twisters that I can't get right, but the kids love listening to me struggle through them.

My favorite Dr. Seuss memory is a bedtime night like every other. The girls got ready for bed and picked out a book for daddy to read. They picked "Fox in Socks", which isn't the easiest book to read. Did I mention that we had come home from a neighborhood party, where someone may or may not have consumed a little too much alcohol? I stood in the hallway listening to KC stumble over every other word :) The girls helped him through many of the pages.

My girls always loved your books. They respected them. They never drew in them. They never spilt anything on them. And they definitely never ripped any pages out of your books.

Cameron has just recently had enough patience to sit still through your books. They have quickly became his favorites. He has to comment about the pictures on almost every page and it takes a long time to get through a book, but he does. His interest in the pages just show how wonderful the books are for young children.

The twins. The twins did a bad thing :( Our first page was ripped out a Dr. Seuss book yesterday. I was seriously upset by this, and it was one of my favorites "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". It is a page I know by heart, but it still needs to be part of the book.

So today, "I like to hop all day and night from right to left and left to right. Why do I like to hop, hop, hop? I do not know. Go ask your Pop?" was taped back into the book. And all the Dr. Seuss books will be put up out of the reach of 15 month old monsters.

I'm thinking this is the beginning of a lot of taping, gluing and piecing back together of things in this house. What is it with boys? Not everything is suppose to come apart! But I will continue to fix things to the best of my ability :)

No comments:

Post a Comment