Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Believe In Messy Cleaning

Am I the only one that believes that a huge mess needs to be made to make something really clean?

Sure, a closet can be organized and things can be pulled out that are no longer needed and a person can clean one area at a time . . . . but that's not how I do it.

I believe in total destruction.

That's my entire closet spewed into the room.

Here's the empty proof.

I don't know why I do this to myself. Maybe it's in the motivation that I have no choice but to finish the project before I go to bed.

I knew that my closet would be a huge project. I have been pregnant four times, and the weight gains and losses have been going on for 10 years now. Now my weights back down and I am done being pregnant, so lots of the clothes can go. The maternity clothes have been gone, it's all the in-between sizes that I've kept for "before and after".

I knew my closet had to be done because the "date night" I just had . . . I had to dust a layer off my nice black shoes before putting them on. Dressing up doesn't happen as much as I'd like it to around here. The dust was just proof that I have to get out more :)

I did what I set out to when the day started.

Both sides, nice and neat. And only what I wanted went back in. I donated about 12 pairs of shoes, tons of t-shirts and sweatshirts, comfy pants, jeans, purses, belts, scarves. I packed away winter and put in my summer clothes (a little early, but I'm being optimistic).

There is room to spare!

So, with a clean room, you'd think I'd be happy with that and leave it like that for a while.
Nope. KC doesn't know it yet, but I have a little project waiting for him when he gets home from the school zoo trip with Audrey's class today.

I'm not trying to be cruel, but he'll be home early today and I'll have time to have him go through it. It's only 3 drawers of the dresser (50 t-shirts, 30 boxers, 15 atletics pants, about 50 pairs of socks and 5 swim trunks).

I'm hoping he's not too mad . . . it's on my list of 40 areas in 40 days . . . I'm just seizing my opportunity to cross this one off.

It's his closet and top drawer that is going to be the fight :)

Wish me luck . . . I'm just hoping that he gets rid of enough so I don't have to do the stuff and shove to close the drawers on laundry day :)

Have to Feed the Boys Lunch and Get Back to Cleaning!

I May Just Finish This For Real!!!




1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I'm pretty good about getting rid of things I hate because seeing a closet full of clothes I hate, just makes me crabby... but Tony? Oh gawd, he has clothes in there from when we were in high school!

    Cleaning out the kids closets is always the worst for me, because I always have to "save" it for the next in line and it doesn't really leave the house... it just gets stored into another place. I have learned to be a lot more choosey when it comes to what gets stored and what gets donated.

    I just got done with an office project that has taken way longer than I planned... and I'm still shredding 5 years worth of tax documents and w-2's up through 2004!

    ReplyDelete