Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lots & Lots Today!!!

First off . . . we had daddy home . . . very exciting!

We've been working on Audrey's Leprechaun Trap all week. A little at a time. She drew out a plan of what she wanted it to look like, so I could find the supplies needed.

And this is what it looked like when she went to bed last night. She was very proud, but felt like it was missing something. She needed glittery shamrock stickers to finish the bottom and we put daddy on a mission to find them on his way home from work.
Daddy stopped at a few places, unable to find any stickers, so he brought home something better :)
Light up shamrocks!!! She was VERY happy.

So the Leprechaun will be attracted to the trap by the lights, gold coins and "welcome" sign. He will climb the ladder to the top of the rainbow, try to climb the beads to get the shamrock, but he'll slip on the beads and fall into the hole. She's very clever.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
This afternoon I started going through paper. I emptied 3 boxes, took lots of pics, made keep boxes for everyone and started recycling :)
Now I have a place to go with what I REALLY want to keep. My favorites I kept. There was a lot that was easy to toss. Then there was the stuff I took a picture of, held my breath and threw it away. Some of it was hard to part with, but I'm proud of myself for doing it. I kept telling myself "You have about 15 more boxes of this stuff to go through, you can't keep everything".
Ended the project today with a nice, neat stack :) And room to spare in all the boxes.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
Daddy took the day off today because it was Zoe's Science Fair :) And outings with lots of wandering people and 3 boys aren't a fun combination by myself.

Zoe worked so hard on her project. We were so proud of her.
Her teacher came up and told us that her project was a big hit with the kids in her class :)

Zoe was right inside the door. She was funny. "At times there were swarms of people around me."
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
We walked home from the Fair. The boys in their double stroller. They missed there afternoon nap, we let them be out for a little bit, but they were tired. 
The neighbor kids came over to play. It was probably only in the high 50's, but after a long winter, it feels more like 70's to all of us :) Beautiful! K.C. pumped up tires on many of the bikes. Even for some of the neighborhood girls.  While I organized the garage, so I can fit more boxes :) I also went around the house and cut down the died flowers from last season.
The girls only have a half day tomorrow, hoping the weather holds out so we can enjoy the outdoors more tomorrow . . . rain in the forecast.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
NCAA tournament starts tomorrow. Having the biggest Duke fan living under the roof, March Madness is always an event in our home. This is the month daddy picks his favorite children. (The ones that have Duke going all the way) The kids are making there picks tonight.

I have Florida vs. Duke in the final! Florida taking it all. I just hope to beat Cameron with my picks :) I am not sucking up to KC having Duke in the finals, they are always a great team and usually I have them out in the Final Four, but my bracket is always a loser . . . I can't possibly pick them to win it all.

Go Florida!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment