Thursday, March 10, 2011

Memories Saved!

I should have started this project years ago.

My children's memories were all being stored on a computer that is nearly 12 years old. I know, not smart. And a few years back, I got an external harddrive to back it all up, which I did . . . but a few months ago that gave up and I realized how vulnerable all my precious pictures were.

Luckily, I didn't erase the pics off my computer and . . .

39 burned disks later . . . 10 years of my children's lives . . . over 10,500 pics . . . saved!

I know that technology will change and someday I will have to convert them all to something else, but they are good and safe for now.

This is one of my goals for 2011, well a portion of it . . . now the fun part. Putting my favorites onto my new computer that moves much faster than a snails pace and create memory books, so I can enjoy my pics without booting up my computer.

And I went above and beyond and labeled all the disks with the dates and main events on each disk.

I don't know how I could have risked these memories for so long!
My Zoe
My Audrey
My Cameron
My Emmitt and My Castiel

Now to the fun, time consuming, expensive part of this goal :)

And I want to THANK my computer for not giving up on me!

1 comment:

  1. OH! I have a years worth of photos that I did back up and actually print and the end of last year... but I did not put them in the albums yet. Michael's has great albums in sets of two that go on sale 1/2 price several times a year. My resolution this year was to stay on top of this years pictures...

    You just reminded me that I need to stay on top of these things.

    Shutterfly's pre-paid plans are the best... and lots of time with free shipping!

    ReplyDelete