Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mmmm, the smell of paint!!!

I did what I do best. I got side-tracked.

Today, I gave myself an easy area of the house to conquer. The storage space/closet under the stairs. I knew I had boxes already packed in there, ready to go. Easy adds to my 80 box tally :)

I emptied it all. Made a "go to garage pile" and a "put back pile" and a "go somewhere else pile".

Half of this area is carpeted, and the other half is concrete. I vacuumed it all out. Got rid of spider webs and a couple of spiders in the process.

Then "me" hit. I looked at the walls. Once white. Now gray with scuffs. It actually looked like someone walked on the slanted ceiling.

I looked at the clock and decided I had the time. And went to where I store all the paint leftovers. Found a white and started painting. (A free project, love them.)

It took me less than 45 minutes. And I was done long before the girls got home from school or the boys woke from their naps.

I know it's only a closet. It's only a closet! But now it's a clean, organized, white closet :)

Is it weird that a closet makeover makes me happy? I just figure that this is the beginning . . . I already have my eye on some other walls around here :)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have 16 boxes packed already. Usually I hate when my husband has to stay at his sisters or mine (to cut down on all the driving he has to do) but my garage is starting to fill up. I think it might be time for an overnight, so these boxes can be taken to storage (a.k.a my wonderful sisters's basements). LOVE you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment