Friday, March 4, 2011

It All Started Because of Spilt Milk

What just happened?!?

Cameron spilt milk near the refrigerator at lunch time. So down I went on my hands and knees to wipe it all up. I had to go under the fridge a little. Then I made the mistake . . . I looked under the fridge to make sure I got it all.

The next thing I know, I have the fridge pulled out, vacuuming the dust and debris that gets sucked under there, and mopping the floor since it's pulled out, and then dusting the wall and base boards and the entire outside of the fridge before pushing it back. Then, since I have the vacuum out already, I vacuumed out the vents . . . then under the stove . . . and then my entire kitchen was torn apart.

I cleaned out the entire fridge, including drawers and door shelves . . . then I was taking knobs off the stove, taking apart the toaster, filling all my sugar/flour/salt/pepper containers. Then the cabinets seemed to empty themselves and spew themselves all over the kitchen.

Only on the table and counter tops, because I wasn't entirely ignoring the boys either. The kitchen is not the room that I usually have the boys play in. But today was an exception, we lived in that kitchen all day long.

And I promise you the boys were not bored. Our entire house is carpeted, so I got a bunch of balls and cars and trucks . . . then I just had to watch my step.

Everything was removed from the upper cabinets and cleaned and organized and put back. I also did the counter tops and lazy susan.

You know when your on a roll and you don't want to stop. I felt it. I know how much I was getting accomplished, but looking at the clock and knowing that I have company coming tomorrow and I have to get up to get the girls off to school. I called it quits for tonight.


I always start my Spring Cleaning early because by the time Spring is here, the kids want to be outside. When nice weather hits, we are out as much as possible and cleaning as little as possible

Besides, with a house full of kids, walks around the block . .  pushing swings . . trying to keep the kids from eating random things they find on the ground . . . getting them not to throw sand at each . .  re-teaching the boundaries of our yard . . .  the initial fear of bugs . . blowing bubbles . . kicking balls . . riding bikes . . planting flowers . . drawing pictures with chalk . . jumping rope . . that is what Spring is for!

That's what Spring is about . . . not cleaning . . . so here's to getting a head start  :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said.

    My own home is disgusting me right now... every single, dirty, square inch of it.

    Even my yard was "dirty". I had "dog" duty to address this week, and the pups were happy to revel their work!

    I have a date with Mr. Clean tomorrow morning... and this weekend I'm meeting with Mr. Paintbrush!

    ReplyDelete